Friday 19 April 2013

Android phone battery drained by Google services


Your smartphone's battery could have drained drastically, may be within 5 hours of charging it fully. And you're wondering what happened to your battery all of a sudden.

Don't panic! This happened to me when my phone's data package expired and there was nil balance in my mobile account. I didn't recharge my account immediately and the next day I saw a drastic drain in my battery. When I checked the battery usage, it showed that the maximum usage was by Google services.


[If you check the packages included in Google services, you can see "Network location" in it. This package is used by google to track your approximate location from time to time.]

And then I understood. When my phone's connection to internet was lost suddenly, my location data didn't reach google. So this app kept trying again and again to send the data that it intended to, but in vain.
This prevented my phone from sleeping for even a single second! Hence the battery drain.

The next day when I recharged my data pack, the battery usage by Google services reduced gradually and my phone functioned normally.

After fidgeting through my phone's settings for a while, I found out how to turn this app off.

Just turn off "Google's location service" under Settings->Personal->Location services

                

Or the simpler solution would be to turn off data traffic when your phone is unable to connect to the internet.

Hope your issue gets resolved too!

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this web page, and piece of writing is in fact fruitful
    for me, keep up posting these types of content.



    Feel free to visit my homepage - farm heroe

    ReplyDelete